Enjoy this sauce with Enchiladas and on top of chicken or shrimp. Provecho!
Ranchera Sauce Recipe
- 2 oz. Lard
- 4oz. Flour
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4oz. Chile California pods (soaked, strain and blended)
- 4oz bell peppers sliced
- 4oz onion sliced
- 1 Small tomato sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pinch of oregano 🌿
- Salt only if necessary
- Melt the lard in your sauce pan until hot and smoky.
- Add flour and whisk to make a sandy roux.
- Slowly add your chicken stock. Simmer and stir for 5 minutes.
- While that’s cooking sauté tomato, bell peppers and onions.
- Add bay leaves to your vegetable sauté.
- Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add cooked vegetables and chile sauce and a pinch of oregano 🌿 to the pot and stir for 5 minutes.
Tools you will need:
- Measuring cup
- 4 quart pot