Easy Mexican Rice
- 2 Cups of long grain rice
- 4 tbs of canola oil/vegetable oil
- 4 Cups of hot water
- 2 tablespoons Knorr Tomato Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ chopped small onion
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart sauce pot, add the garlic, onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for about 5 minutes. The rice will be toasted and coated completely with the oil.
- Add the hot water and the seasonings. Taste your broth and adjust your seasoning if necessary.
- Bring to a boil. Once your rice boils you can bring it down to a low simmer and cover it with a lid.
- Let the rice cook for 30 minutes on the stove top or put it in a pre-heated oven at 350F.
- At 30 minutes your rice will be ready.
Recipe by Chef Rosie at http://chefrosie.com/easy-mexican-rice/