One of the best memories I have, is learning to make rice. It’s a science.
The trick to rice is to add double the amount of liquid and taste your broth. If your broth needs seasoning, then so will your rice.
And finally, do not open the lid to check it, because you will ruin it. Curiosity killed the cat and will do the same with your rice. Wait the 30 minutes and you will have fluffy, tasty, wonderful rice. Provecho!
Easy Mexican Rice
- 2 Cups of long grain rice
- 4 tbs of canola oil/vegetable oil
- 4 Cups of hot water
- 2 tablespoons Knorr Tomato Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ chopped small onion
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a 4-quart sauce pot, add the garlic, onion and sauté until translucent.
- Add the rice and stir for about 5 minutes. The rice will be toasted and coated completely with the oil.
- Add the hot water and the seasonings. Taste your broth and adjust your seasoning if necessary.
- Bring to a boil. Once your rice boils you can bring it down to a low simmer and cover it with a lid.
- Let the rice cook for 30 minutes on the stove top or put it in a preheated oven at 350F.
- At 30 minutes your rice will be ready.